Voters encouraged to vote in Tuesday’s City of Riverside municipal election
Tuesday, June 8 is Election Day for residents registered to vote in the City of Riverside municipal election. The election encompasses the city’s Wards 2, 4 and 6 and is not a countywide election. It is also an all-mail ballot election, so there will be no established polling places.
To find ballot drop-off locations, please go to the Registrar of Voters office website at www.voteinfo.net or call (951) 486-7200. You may also visit the Riverside City Clerk’s website at www.riversideca.gov or call (951) 826-5557 for more election information. Ballot drop-off locations are open from 7 a.m. through 8 p.m. on Tuesday.
You may cast a ballot in the Registrar of Voters office on Election Day between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. The Registrar of Voters office is located at 2720 Gateway Drive in Riverside.
All ballots must be received at the Registrar of Voters Office no later than the close of polls on Election Day or be postmarked on or before Election Day and received no later than three days after Election Day to be counted.
Out of 69,650 ballots issued, approximately 8,900 ballots have been returned. Ballots turned in before Tuesday will be the first results released shortly after 8 p.m. on Election Night.
Tentative schedule for election results on Election Night and beyond:
- Polls close Tuesday at 8 p.m.
- Approximately 8:15 p.m. the first election results will be released. There will only be one release of election results on Election Night since this is an all-mail ballot election and voters will not be casting ballots at polling places on Election Day.
- On June 10 at 6:00 p.m., updated election results will be released for ballots dropped off on Election Day.
- On June 16 at 6:00 p.m., updated election results will be released for timely postmarked ballots.
- On June 24, certified election results will be released which will include provisional ballots. By law, voters who did not sign their vote-by-mail envelope have until June 22 to submit an “Unsigned Ballot Statement.” The election can be certified two days later.
Registrar of Voters Rebecca Spencer encourages every eligible voter to cast a ballot in the election.
June 4, 2021
Contact: Rebecca Spencer, Registrar of Voters