Public Records Requests
The County of Riverside maintains a large range of records in various forms through the County’s Open Data Source Portal, to access readily available information click the button below.
Those wishing to access, review and obtain public records not currently maintained on the county's Open Data Source website, or on the department’s website, may file a request for public records.
If the types of records you are looking for belong to one of the departments below, please use the following:
- Clerk of the Board – Email, online portal coming soon
- District Attorney – Email
- Fire Department - Email
- Sheriff’s Department – Sheriff's Website
- Transportation and Land Management Agency
- Building & Safety, and Planning (which include permit records, planning cases, entitlements) - email@example.com
- Code Enforcement (building and code violations) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transportation (roads, streets, street improvements, traffic lights, right-of-way) - email@example.com
- Planning (for any specific planning department questions) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Records Request Portal
The County's Public Records Act Portal is available to the following departments:
Assessor Clerk Recorder
The Executive Office
Emergency Management Department
Purchasing & Fleet Department
Department of Public Social Services
Submit your request to the appropriate department that holds the records by clicking the button below.
If you're not sure which department holds the type of records you seek, email the Executive Office by clicking here.
Riverside County Assessor – County Clerk–Recorder
Birth, Death and Marriage certificates available 90 days after the event.
The County Clerk-Recorder’s website allows visitors to conduct fictitious business name searches, grantor/grantee searches, and vital records searches that include birth, marriage or death certificates. Please note that only Riverside County certificates of births or deaths that occurred more than 90 days ago may be ordered from the Riverside County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder.
The County Clerk-Recorder also provides the following services:
- Files fictitious business name statements
- Files statements of abandonment of use of fictitious business name
- Files withdrawal from partnership operating under a fictitious business name
- Issues public and confidential marriage licenses
- Provides certified copies of confidential marriage licenses
- Registers notary public oaths and commissions
- Authenticates notary public signatures
Office of Vital Records, RUHS-Public Health
Birth and Death Certificates for current year and last year only.
The Office of Vital Records in the Public Health department registers all births and deaths within the County of Riverside. Riverside County certificates of births or deaths that occurred this year and last year only can be ordered from Riverside University Health System-Public Health. To learn more, visit the Office of Vital Records' website.
For older records, visit the County Clerk-Recorder website.
The County of Riverside does not maintain court records. Please visit the Riverside Superior Court’s Public Access webpage to access available civil and criminal case information without visiting the courthouse.
For public records searches outside Riverside County, visit the State of California website, or the county or state in which the events took place.